ECON 102 Study Guide - Final Guide: High Tech, Price Controls, Price Discrimination

143 views14 pages
11 Feb 2014
School
Department
Course
Professor
ECON 102 Full Course Notes
ECON 102 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
1 document

Document Summary

Individuals and families own the means of production got more or less expensive. Example: rising gas prices signal that gasoline supply is low and vice versa: the foundations of economic thinking are: i. Info is costly but helps make better decisions: tradeoffs. Increases in an economy"s resource base a: advances in technology c, giving up leisure and working harder, giving up consumption to invest more. In order to count towards supply, producers must be willing and able to produce some quantity at a given price. Example: as opposed hand-picking strawberries, a firm uses a new high-tech machine that picks the berries for them, thus creating more supply: natural disasters. Example: a fire that destroyed the largest bicycle producer in the country: political disruptions, price expectations. Expect future price to rise wait to sell reduction in current supply: not caused by own-price change, changes in supply & demand i. ii. i. Complement price up demand for original good up.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers