PSYC 372 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Empirical Relationship, Classical Conditioning, Intellectual Disability

41 views9 pages
7 Apr 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

When can we force dedication: competence: i. Confessions: competency allows for knowingly dismissing miranda rights and mental health vs. policing, competency to waive attorney allows for proof of free will by assailant v. Understand what punishment is and why: competence determined to approve execution, unabomber: ted kaczynski i. Kaczynski tried unsuccessfully to dismiss his court- appointed lawyers because they wanted to plead insanity in order to avoid the death penalty, as. Kaczynski did not believe he was insane ii. Is rejecting insanity plea a right or are they still crazy: trial: i. Us (1960: a landmark united states supreme court case in which the court affirmed a defendant"s right to have a competency evaluation before proceeding to trial. ii. Utah, kansas, idaho, and montana have no insanity defense iv. Federal revisions 3 times in 40 years: ngri i. Not guilty by reason of insanity: gbmi i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers