MARK 310 Study Guide - Final Guide: Corporate Social Responsibility, Consumer Behaviour, Brand Equity

76 views23 pages
24 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Chapter 1
Consumption communities: The growth of the web has created thousands of online
consumption communities, where members share opinions and recommendations about
anything from a Barbie doll to baseball fantasy league team line-ups to IPhone apps
Market segmentation strategies: means an organization targets its product, service, or idea only
to a specific group of consumers rather than to everybody-even if that means that other
osues ho do’t elog to this taget aket ae’t attated to it.
Consumer behavior: The study of the processes involved when individuals or groups select,
purchase, use, or dispose of products, services, ideas, or experiences to satisfy needs and
desires.
Segmenting, targeting and positioning
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows pages 1-3 of the document.
Unlock all 23 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in
Marketers have to understand the wants and needs of different consumer segments.
Segmentation: these jeans are not for everyone
Heavy users: companies define market segments when they identify their most faithful
consumers or heavy users
80/20 rule: 20 percent of users account 80 percent of sales
Role theory: takes the view that much of consumer behavior resembles actions in a play. We as
consumers seek the lines, props, and costumes necessary to put on a good performance
Self-concept attachment: the product helps to establish the ustoe’s idetit
Notaslgic attachment: the product serves as a link with a past self
Itedepedee: The podut is a pat of the use’s dail outie
Love: the product elicits emotional bonds and strong emotions
CHAPTER 2
Marketer obligation, consumer rights: Marketers have an obligation to provide safe and functional
products as part of their business activities
“oial Maketig eouages positie ehaio ad disouages egatie atiities e: do’t tet
and drive).
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the process of encourage organizations to make a
positive impact on stakeholders
Cause aketig is a stateg that aligs usiesses ith a ause To’s Oe fo Oe.
A triple bottom-line orientation refers to business strategies that strive to maximize return in three
ways:
• Fiaial: poide pofits to stakeholdes
Unlock document

• “oial: etu eefits to the ouities hee the ogaizatio opeates
• Eioetal: iiize daage to the eioet o ee ipoe atual oditios
CHAPTER 3
Subliminal Advertising is a controversial - but largely-perceived ineffective - way to talk to consumers.
Semitic relationships:
Object: is the product that is the focus of the message
Sign: is the sensory image that represents the intended meanings of the object
Interpretant: is the meaning we derive from the sign
Icon: is a sign that resembles the product in some way
Index: is a sign that connects to a product because they share some property
Symbol: is a sign that relates to a product by either conventional or agreed-on associations
Unlock document

Document Summary

We as consumers seek the lines, props, and costumes necessary to put on a good performance: self-concept attachment: the product helps to establish the (cid:272)usto(cid:373)e(cid:396)"s ide(cid:374)tit(cid:455, notaslgic attachment: the product serves as a link with a past self. I(cid:374)te(cid:396)depe(cid:374)de(cid:374)(cid:272)e: the p(cid:396)odu(cid:272)t is a pa(cid:396)t of the use(cid:396)"s dail(cid:455) (cid:396)outi(cid:374)e. Love: the product elicits emotional bonds and strong emotions. Subliminal advertising is a controversial - but largely-perceived ineffective - way to talk to consumers. Semitic relationships: object: is the product that is the focus of the message, sign: is the sensory image that represents the intended meanings of the object. Interpretant: is the meaning we derive from the sign. Icon: is a sign that resembles the product in some way. Index: is a sign that connects to a product because they share some property: symbol: is a sign that relates to a product by either conventional or agreed-on associations.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers