BIOL 1201 : Test 1 Notes

5 views5 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Description of the covalent bonds and the sequence of amino acids in a protein: secondary 2 i. Repeated spatial patters- stabilized by hydrogen bonds: alpha helix (spiral, beta pleated sheet, tertiary 3 i. 3-d pattern of folding ii. largely stabilized by weak bonds (hydrogen and hydrophobic interactions: quaternary 4 i. Muscle, cartilage, hair, feathers: regulatory i. enzymes, hormones, carriers. Between the two backbones are weak hydrogen bonds ii. Carbohydrates: carbon and water, compounds with a ratio of , 1 carbon, 2 hydrogen, 1 oxygen, types of carbohydrates, monosaccharaides i. 2 sugars ii. produced through condensation reactions iii. Synthesis (condensation reaction: used to join all monomers to make polymers, polysaccharides - organic i. Cellulose: structural: individual cellulose chains hydrogen bond with each other iii. Lipids: insoluble in water, non-polar, types of lipids, fatty acids i. hydrocarbon chain with a carboxyl group on one end ii. A glycerol molecules with 3 fatty acid chains attached: phospholipids i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers