COB 204 Study Guide - Final Guide: Data Warehouse, Application Software, Computer Language

105 views3 pages

Document Summary

Cob 204: final review: is components, purpose & characteristics of: a. i. Primary memory: stores three types of info for brief periods of time a. i. 1. data to be processed by the cpu, instructions for the cpu, operating system programs a. ii. Central processing unit: performs the actual computation inside any computer. a. iii. 1. A microprocessor that"s made up of millions of microscopic transistors embedded in a circuit on a silicon wafer chip a. iv. Communication devices: provide for the flow of data from external computer networks (the internet and intranets) to the cpu, and from the cpu to the computer networks: concepts of: b. i. Operating system software: directs your computer system"s operations b. ii. Package (software suite): a group of programs with functions available for purchase in a prepackaged form b. ii. 2. Personal application software: general purpose application designed for individual users to increase hair productivity b. ii. 3. Speech recognition software: enables users to provide input to systems software & application software b. iii.