[HIS 111] - Final Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (47 pages long)

101 views47 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Realized they were different than the british empire. Each colony had its own government and way of doing things. The developing of rights in the colonies: when locke uses the term man, is very universal term. Englishmen got rights from the magna charta, june 15, 1815: government is beholden to the people, people had rights, people meaning englishmen. If a black could write, they would cut off his/her thumb: blacks perceived as incapable, so they were made incapable, usually when someone dies they gave freedom to all their slaves. Visit sla(cid:448)e o(cid:449)(cid:374)er, a(cid:374)d sit i(cid:374) the host"s house u(cid:374)til the host agreed to get rid of. Did(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e far(cid:373)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374) the north, so (cid:374)o (cid:374)eed for sla(cid:448)es. The upper south (maryland) was mostly tobacco: problem- did(cid:374)"t (cid:373)ake (cid:373)o(cid:374)ey off of it, most tobacco money was made by import exports, then dealing with european goods, tobacco depletes the soil, new market was opening up.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers