[PHIL 103] - Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam (43 pages long!)

95 views43 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

What is moral theory: right/wrong - actions, good/bad values, practical guidance. Intrinsic: value in & of itself, value is inherent in its being. Social bonds (family), safety, love, happiness, human beings, living things. ii. Extrinsic (instrumental value: value is derivative, value comes from its relation to things with intrinsic value. Value based: right/wrong action depends on good/bad, natural law theory, consequentialism ii. Duty based (deontology: right/wrong action not strongly tied to notions of the good/bad values, kantian ethics. Moral theories: consequentialism, value based theory, an action is right/wrong based on the consequences of that action (the good/bad it produces, net value: the sum of goods/bads produced by an action, act vs. rule. d. i. Hedonism pleasure seeking: natural law theory, value based theory, 4 main basic goods b. i. Social bond: doctrine of double effect c. i. Drugs broadly defined as psychoactive chemicals chemicals that are transported to the brain via the blood stream, influencing consciousness directly and significantly.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers