PSY 350 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Ingratiation, Nonverbal Communication, Impression Management

71 views13 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Know all about the following which includes what it is, how it has been studied and be able to apply/talk about it in your own words. I would spend most of your effort on part i but i ve included the response sets for you in part ii in the hopes that that might allay any multiple-choice format anxieties. False consensus effect: the tendency to believe that a particular chance event is affected by previous e vents and that chance events will even out in the short run. Yerkes-dodson law: the proposition that some arousal is better than none, but too much can hurt performance. Good self-promoters often surround themselves with the props and habits of competence, such as: Standards: can be supplied by culture they represent an importance in wich culture can influence behavior. Monitoring: keeping track of behaviors or responses to be regulated. Tote: self regulation feedback loop of tests, operate, tests exit.