[PSYC 1010] - Midterm Exam Guide - Everything you need to know! (25 pages long)

2017 views25 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Study guide: theoretical perspectives (table 1. 2, p. 14, biological a. i. These aspects of your psychology are determined by what you inherited from your parents, - genetics which manifest into a brain state. a. i. 1. a. These models can determine who will get depressed based on genetics. a. i. 1. b. Stress will affects the genes of your immune: cognitive system, another word for thought - the way you reason, problem solve. Shaped by how you were raised: behavioural a. ** latson, freud: perspectives applied - how can we explain depression, biological vulnerability a. i. a. ii. Neurochemical imbalance in the brain: cognitive vulnerability. Overly harsh superego: humanistic view d. i. d. ii. Failure to actualize yourself - you are not being all that you could be, you are not doing all that you can do: behavioural view e. i. e. ii. Lowered social support - they withdraw from people, they isolate themselves. Loss of rewards: evolutionary view f. i. f. ii. Entrapment and negative social comparisons: positive psychology g. i.