POLS 2940 Midterm: POLS 2940 Exam Questions and Answers

291 views7 pages

Document Summary

Means to development in poor countries in the world. To use neo-liberal principles to do so, through international financial institutions, imf, with neo-liberal principles to get loans with a lassie affairs approach. Conditions to analyses how they deliver social services. i. e. cuts to housing, education i. e. services. i. e. cuts to housing, education i. e. greece closing the oldest university ever. Need to meet the approval of the institutions to get the loans. Privatization-> governments sell their industries i. e. prisons/land/factories. Trade liberalization> reduction of tariffs on domestic economies. Development and underdevelopment and the result of its maintenance. Post 1945-> nato and warsaw pact emerged = cold war. Bretton woods system, structure of exchange rate american dollar gold standard, created the international monetary fund (imf) & world bank (wb) Global economic stability of exchange rates and providing funds to needy countries: us needs to maintain a supply of money for global use, us cannot alter their exchange rates, unlike other countries.