PHIL 1100 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: Times New Roman, Moodle, Green Cheese

100 views2 pages

Document Summary

500 words (plus or minus 50 words); 2 pages in times new roman font, double-spaced; standard margins. Due feb 28 before class via moodle (by 10:00 am) There is some reason to reject the idea that you are the same person now that you were yesterday. [note: this is not a premise: if i(hour ago) am not identical to i(now), then there is no unchanging self, therefore, there is no unchanging self. In your essay, either defend or criticize the conclusion that there is no unchanging self. Be sure to appeal to one of our authors on the self: james, hume, nagarjuna or strawson. State the problem you are addressing, the philosophers you are engaging with, and your thesis. (3 sentences) (example introduction: (cid:862)i will defend the thesis that. Consider first the strongest reasons given for the premise, and then show that those reasons are insufficient. I will (cid:271)e (cid:272)halle(cid:374)ges p(cid:396)e(cid:373)ise 6 f(cid:396)o(cid:373) the a(cid:396)gu(cid:373)e(cid:374)t. (cid:863)(cid:895)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers