PP217 Study Guide - Comprehensive Final Exam Guide - Order Of Australia, Informed Consent, Immanuel Kant

156 views26 pages
20 Nov 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Deontology: the study of the nature of duty and obligation. The strongest form is kant"s theory- claims that our obligations have nothing to do with the consequences of our actions. According to kant we must follow right action that we are supposed to follow, even if it will cause bad things to happen. Categorical imperative: a command tat admits no exceptions (kant"s definition of duty) Maxim of action: the statement someone might give about why they are doing something. Ex: "i don"t want this person becoming an addict, so i"ll take away their cigarettes" maxim= force someone to do something if it satisfies your goal of benefiting her. To universalize a maxim, it must become something of a law of nature, so that the world works that way. Ex from earlier; f goal is to achieve my goal by force, then i must intent others to achieve their aims as well, although their aims conflict with mine.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers