Psychology 1000 Study Guide - Freudian Slip, Nocturnal Enuresis, Thematic Apperception Test

27 views5 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

How does an individual deal with extreme anxiety. April 24 7:00 p. m. & discussion opens next week. If ego obeys superego id may not be satisfied and if ego follows id superego may punish with guilt. Lots of stuff under and that represents the unconscious mind. Rationalization: urge reinterpreted in acceptable terms, harsh punishment is for child"s own good. Sour grapes effects: these justifies things, repression example for freud. I hate you becomes you hate me: urge recognized as such. Isolation: memories allowed back into consciousness, but without motives or emotion, often seen in cases of extreme trauma i. e traumatic events. Regression: mentally returning to an earlier, safer state, thumb-sucking, bed wetting, sometimes in adults, regressing to oral or anal state (safer because you were young, kids you don"t have to worry about many things. Tapping the unconscious mind how do we find out about the contents of the unconscious mind.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers