Law 5110 Study Guide - Quiz Guide: United Nations Convention On The Law Of The Sea, Peremptory Norm, World Trade Organization

12 views3 pages
6 Sep 2020
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Me: - has its headquarters in one state and its production in one or more other states. This structure enables me to take full advantage of globalization. Can invest and set up subsidiaries where this is most advantageous. Are only bound by domestic legal systems in which they operate. Race to the bottom: - states are attracted to investment from me because it creates jobs encourages transfer of technology, generates income of taxation. Governments tend to compete with each other by lowering their standards at the expense of their population + environment. There are no intern. standards regulating this conduct, therefore the race to the bottom can go on indefinitely. Ngo: - everything that is not a government, not political party. Consists of group of individuals who aim to achieve certain idealistic objectives: protection of human rights, of environment, . Have no rights or duties under intern. law, have legal status under domestic law.