[PSYC 218] - Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam (14 pages long!)

753 views14 pages
7 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Statistics: the since of classifying, organizing, and analyzing data! Descriptive statistics: provides tools for organizing, simplifying and summarizing basic information from a mass of data. i. e. teacher guring out where her new class stands in biology to know how to teach it. mean, median,mode,sd! The average of a sample is a statistic. The average of a population is a parameter. Applied statistics:: statistical question: a question about a numerical aspect if the observation , statistical conclusion: a conclusion about a numerical property of the data, research conclusion the conclusion to your question. I. e. number of people at a meeting, can be 3 or 4 but not 3. 5 or 4. 3! rage) - i. e length, weight, age ,temp,time! I. e. school, grade and gender of children! Rounding:: if the last digit is greater than 5, round up; if it is less than 5, round down, if the last digit is exactly 5, round to the nearest even number(i. e. 4. 245 rounded to 4. 24;

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers