ECON 101- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 119 pages long!)

566 views119 pages
28 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course
hussam.sw and 39351 others unlocked
ECON 101 Full Course Notes
ECON 101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
78 documents

Document Summary

Unlimited wants: opportunity cost, bene t forgone, next best choice, every time when choice is made. !2: respond to incentives, motivated by self-interest, decision makers & their choices, decision makers, consumers, producers, government, how decisions made, maximize utility, made at the margin, flow of income and expenditure i. Eco(cid:374)o(cid:373)ic theories, data, a(cid:374)d graphs: positive and normative statements, positive statements i. can be proved, not based on value judgement, normative statements i. cannot be proved, based on value judgement iii. Linear related i. positively: negatively, slope - amount of change in one variable due to the change of another, non-linear functions. Ceteris paribus: we discuss the effect of one factor but assume the other factors remain constant: quantity demanded and price i. A basic economic hypothesis is that the price of a product and the quantity demanded are related negatively, other things being equal.