PSYCH 230- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 21 pages long!)

129 views21 pages

Document Summary

Sensitivity to sensory inputs that they"re getting easily overwhelmed. Insecure attachement: dont feel as safe in your world, creates a bond in which there are impaired ways of connecting to people. In a relationship in which other people don"t matter to you: difficult temperament. Impulsivity: lower empathy, lower consciousness, not taking personal responsibility, not accepting when you are accountable yourself, deficient problem solving ability. I deserve it but i can"t afford it, i"ll take it. If i am more sensitized to threat, will i be more inclined to act: self-promotion goals (e. g. risk-taking, maximize personal gains, establish or increase dominance) Likelyhood of acting is based on these influences. Psych 230 lecture 5 - investigations and deception. Need to be sensitive as well as observant and able to adjust to the person being interviewed. Problems are going into the interview with assumptions. End up bias and those biases will shape the interview process.