ZOO 2700 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Protist, Penis Fencing, Lophotrochozoa

165 views6 pages
11 Apr 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Zoo*2700 study questions winter 2015 week 3 (lectures 7 . 11. compare and contrast cnidarian cnidocyte and ctenophore collocyte cells. 14. explain how the aboral organ maintains a ctenophore in the proper orientation. 18. compare and contrast cnidarian medusoid movement with ctenophore movement. 19. describe elements of the major discovery which changed our understanding of the placement of ctenophores within the animal phylogeny. 23. many animal lineages have undergone the reverse of cephalization over evolutionary time. 24. compare and contrast protostome and deuterostome embryonic development. 28. list major taxonomic groups that are part of the protostomes. Cells needed a way to communicate with each other i ii connected the cells iii with the nervous system, cells were now able to coordinate with each other: nematocysts a one of fastest biomechanical events. Cell can replace itself in about 48 hrs c uncertain to what degree these two strategies are homologous or analogous i. Currently research suggests that cnidarians have embosymbiotic relationships i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers