FRHD 3150 Study Guide - Final Guide: Designated Driver, Playtime, Sport Psychology

77 views11 pages

Document Summary

I hope i don"t fall on my double axel. What if i don"t skate well? her sport psychologist could see that susan"s negative self-talk was causing her to feel anxious, The combination of positive self-talk and deep-center breathing helped susan. Our behaviour of responding [to various antecedent stimuli] (people, places, words, smells, sounds, etc. ) has been reinforced, punished, or extinguished, Those stimuli exert control over our behavior whenever they occur. Before designing a lengthy behavior modification program involving procedures like shaping and chaining, it"s important to ask, can i capitalize on existing forms of stimulus control? . Susan"s sport psychologist did not go through a lengthy shaping process. Instead, the psychologist capitalized on susan"s reinforcement history of responding to instructions. Rules, goals, modeling, physical guidance, situational inducement, and motivation. Describes a situation in which a behavior will lead to a consequence. A statement that a specific behavior will pay off or have a bad outcome in a particular situation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers