[ANSC 4560] - Final Exam Guide - Ultimate 50 pages long Study Guide!

446 views50 pages

Document Summary

Mesaticephalic breeds beagle, foxhound (most experiments done with these) 28 deciduous teeth, i3/3, c1/1, p3/3, m 0/0. 26 deciduous teeth, i3/3, c1/1, p3/2, m0/0. 42 permanent teeth, i3/3, c1/1, p4/4, m2/3. 30 permanent teeth, i3/3, c1/1, p3/2, m1/1. **carnassial teeth: last upper premolar and first lower molar, designed for shearing. For a feed to be approved and recommended by the vohc, it must meet the requirements of the vohc. Dietary requirement for taurine (particularly for vegetarian diets) - very important. Synthesis of felinine and isovalthine - not hugely important. High phe/tyr requirement for hair pigmentation - not hugely important. Inability to convert excess tryptophan to niacin (not usually a problem because a full vitamin supplement is added to diets) Inability to convert ornithine to arginine - typically not a problem. Less responsive mechanisms of glucose homeostasis (more of a concern because this problem is related to diabetes) Requirement for derived essential fatty acids - very important.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers