GSWS 101- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 23 pages long!)

360 views23 pages

Document Summary

Office hours: aq 5096, tuesdays 1-2, or by appointment. Student support: student learning commons http://www. lib. sfu. ca/about/branches- depts/slc (support for writing, learning and studying strategies) I the roots of gender, sexuality, women"s studies: second wave women"s movement. 2: how we define equality has political implications i, formal equality, equal protection/treatment: everyone treated the same, civil rights/freedoms/ liberties, compare to existing norm limitations. 11: equal benefit of policy, freedoms, laws, differences in experience and access to resources. A): the women"s washroom problem (wwp): a study by anh tran. Conclusions: diversity of thought re: gender, sexuality, feminism, homework : examples of how we signal" gender. I introduction: key concepts seen as common sense . Ii thinking about dichotomies and binaries: binary: definitions, to categorize/divide on the basis of two opposing categories, different - opposite, challenging binary opposition of sex/gender/sexuality, normal or abnormal , limits our imagination; justifies power, examples: working mother".