PSY 124 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Social Comparison Theory, Open Science, Face Perception

69 views6 pages

Document Summary

Tud(cid:455) of i(cid:374)di(cid:448)iduals" thoughts, feeli(cid:374)gs, a(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s i(cid:374) e(cid:374)(cid:448)i(cid:396)o(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts o(cid:374) a(cid:448)e(cid:396)age - approach is often empirical & experimental. Nudge squad: military retirement saving, veterans benefits advantage, small farm credit, encourage sun-safety behaviour, reduce counterfeit. Aristotle questioning beauty in the eye of the beholder. First experiment in 1900s: cyclists race faster in the presence of others. First textbook by allport 1924 stressed interactions between individuals and social context. Daryl bem experimental evidence for influences on cognition and affect. Revisiting established effects, new methods and statistics to increase replicability. Examining cost effectiveness of nudges (benartzi et al, 2017) Taking pictures on phone does not reduce memory for actual events but shifts memory to focus on visual things. Humans recognize existence of self (hard to assess with other species) (cid:862)wea(cid:448)e(cid:396)s(cid:863) = isolated horses with weird muscle growth, fatigue, weight loss (solution = mirrors) Tested with dot of paint on face & exposing animal to mirrors - bonobos, orangutans, gorillas, dolphins, orcas, asian elephants, magpies.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers