CRI 100 Final: Ultimate Study Notes!!!

91 views23 pages

Document Summary

Pillar 1: policy: role of gov, laws & regulation, difference between cultural & creative indus, develop frameworks & policies support growth of c. i. Pillar 2: practice: professional & artistic practice, business of c. i, professional practices and differences between disciplines (fashion, e. t. c) Pillar 3: academia: science of c. i, different academic disciplines (communication & media studies, sociology, cultural studies, e. t. c) 1: engagement : ability to make sense of different perspectives, synthesis : acknowledge multiple discipline & see the big picture, conversation : communicate & interact w/ ppl in c. i. Expand expertise (not a expertitis: one who enslaved in a pattern of thoughts) Ability to make innovative connections (necessary precursor for creativity) Type of expertise: contributory: acquired knowledge to contribute linguistically/practically. Interactional: specialty in absence of practiced expertise but understanding in a cross of industries. Perspective: commercial vs creative/artistic vs social (alter visionary) Corporate empire: need a balance of large/small company. Resistance to risk due to safe growth & profit approach.