NEUR 3200 Midterm: Module 18 Basal ganglia - MC guide

70 views2 pages

Document Summary

The two main pathways are: direct pathway: cortex -> gpi -> sn. Emotional aspects of pain: ventral posterior lateral (vpl) Somatosensory, proprioceptive, nociceptive, vestibular (body: ventral posterior medial (vpm) Somatosensory, nociceptive, taste (face: ventral anterior and ventral lateral (va/vl complex) Two inhibitory steps through neostriatum and gpi equate to overall excitation: and indirect pathway, excitatory input from cortex excites gpi which results in inhibitory output to the thalamus. One or three inhibitory steps through neostriatum, stn, gpe, and gpi equate to overall inhibition: understand how dopamine signaling influences information flow through the basal ganglia, question 7 from short answer, basically. Dopa(cid:373)i(cid:374)e p(cid:396)o(cid:373)otes (cid:373)o(cid:448)e(cid:373)e(cid:374)t (cid:271)(cid:455) (cid:858)tu(cid:396)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g o(cid:374) the gas, (cid:449)hile (cid:396)e(cid:373)o(cid:448)i(cid:374)g the (cid:271)(cid:396)ake(cid:859: be aware of the possible role of the basal ganglia in executing movement sequences, and/or selecting appropriate movements while inhibiting inappropriate movements. Dopamine may have an important role in plasticity in the basal ganglia.