LING 3005 Study Guide - Final Guide: Parsing, Phonotactics

83 views1 pages

Document Summary

For the first, i will ask you a large question that requires you to take survey the course as a whole. You will be given some subset of these prompts and be expected to answer with a 2-3 page essay: justif(cid:455) (cid:862)(cid:449)ord(cid:863) as a categorical theoretical do(cid:373)ai(cid:374) (cid:449)ithi(cid:374) ge(cid:374)erati(cid:448)e gra(cid:373)(cid:373)ar or e(cid:454)plai(cid:374) (cid:449)h(cid:455) (cid:455)ou ca(cid:374) t. Thurs: headed rule, hierarciacl structure, defend the morpheme-based approach to morphological theory drawing on topics from across the course. Fri: defend the word-based approach to morphological theory drawing on topics from across the course. Second, i will ask you to answer two of the following questions in a 1-2 page essay. There will be two questions and probably 4-6 prompts. Third, like last time, the third section will ask you to offer definitions of key terms that appeared boldfaced in the reading. Again, i typically give you ten terms and ask you to define five of them.