CMHL1001 Study Guide - Final Guide: Evidence-Based Practice, Case Series, Observational Error

135 views19 pages

Document Summary

Reliability: if the results are consistent and stable. Validity: whether the test measures what its supposed to. Provenance of the evidence: history of the data and its origins. Evidence based practice: using evidence to promote best practice. Define what maneouvre is necessary, e. g. placebo or standard therapy. Truncation: use e. g. hyno* to find hypnosis, hypnoanalysis, etc. Wildcards: can help find multiple versions of a word, e. g. wom?n will find woman or women. Levels of evidence are labelled i-iv, with i being the most reliable. Level iii has sub categories, iii-1, iii-2 and iii-3. Lvl i: systematic review of lvl ii evidence. E. g. doctors know who takes the drug so they believe symptoms in those people are being allevated. If you aren"t told where the control/experimental group comes from, immediately assumed to be quasi/semi rct. Qualitative: don"t seek to quantify or measure using numbers. Usually used when little is known about the topic. Quantitative: uses statistics or numbers to measure results.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers