HTM 4464 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Hawthorne Effect, Fokker E.Ii

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

Increase organizational effectiveness a: higher employee satisfaction, better service quality d, loyalty profit increased. Increased customer satisfaction: strategic hrm, employees are seen as the organization"s biggest asset, develop employees, decease turnover. Job analysis systematic gathering and analysis of info about context, content, and human requirements of the job. Job description (and specification) tasks, responsibilities, and duties a: employee selection (and recruiting, training c. i. Job-oriented analysis of necessary tasks a: worker-oriented analysis of necessary skills and abilities, steps in job analysis, select job to analyze a. i. As position level increases, this task becomes more and more difficult: how to collect info b. i. Hawthorne effect increased/ higher performance due to observation knowledge b. ii. Heisenberg effect interviewees will say what they think the interviewer wants to hear and aren"t completely honest b. iii. Only analyzes issue points/ minimal aspects of the position b. iv. 3. Best use mixed-methods: process information, write job descriptions (task-focused) d. i. Responsibilities: write job specifications (skills and ability focused) e. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers