WGS 2240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Obstructed Labour, Underweight, Honor Killing

95 views1 pages

Document Summary

Global women"s health: a pregnant woman has one foot in the grave . Global health issues: 10 leading risk factors account for more than 40% of the disease burden worldwide a. i. But with lifestyle changes, the incidence rates of a lot of these diseases can be decreased: global threats to women"s health b. i. Almost 300,000 global deaths related to childbirth 99% in: violation of human rights developing nations c. i. Mortality worldwide: mortality rate = death rate, morbidity rate = illness/disease rate, maternal morality ratio c. i. About 800 women die every day due to complications in pregnancy and childbirth c. ii. Going up in the united states why? c. ii. 1. c. ii. 2. Mortality rate has nearly doubled in the past 20 years. Reasons = hemorrhage, infection, unsafe abortion, pregnancy induced hypertension, obstructed labor, lack of access to affordable and high quality care c. ii. 2. a. What is needed to save more lives? c. ii. 3. a.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers