JS-3100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Undressed, Mein Kampf, Stanford Prison Experiment

21 views6 pages

Document Summary

1939-summer of 1941: germany was able to conquer a significant part of europe (france, netherlands, poland) Swiftness with which this happened (comparativeness) and the inability for. Germany to bring down england: ran into trouble with deporting all jews, and number of jews in this increased dramatically i. Idea from mein kampf that western countries need to expand (germany) Western front was no long really threatening so they didn"t have to worry about war with them. June 1941: hitler invades the soviet union i. Germans were convinced that they were superior to the "barbaric" eastern people. Hitler also issues the "criminal orders" i. ii. iii. Allow german soldiers to shoot and kill anyone they even suspect of being. When you give an order like this you tell soldiers they have a free card to do whatever they want to civilians bc they never have to prove that the victims were the enemies. A charge dealing with jews in this area.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers