BIOL 2652 Lecture 1: Chapter 1

34 views4 pages
11 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Study of the body structure (cid:862)(cid:272)utti(cid:374)g (cid:271)a(cid:272)k(cid:449)a(cid:396)ds(cid:863: physiology. Anatomy and physiology: closely related, anatomy. Systemic: one system at a time. Regional: all systems in one specific region. Embryology: conception to 8 weeks gestation. Pathologists use gross inspection, histology, cytology, and examinations to discover source of the disease. Clinical connection: autopsy is postmortem exam performed by pathologist, done to determine cause of death, identify diseases, determine extent of injuries, and identify heredity conditions. Levels of organization: chemical, cellular, tissues (epithelium, muscle, connective, nerves), organs (made from two or more types of tissues), organ system (eleven in the body), and organism, life processes. Homeostasis: tate of e(cid:395)uili(cid:271)(cid:396)iu(cid:373) i(cid:374) the (cid:271)ody"s i(cid:374)te(cid:396)(cid:374)al e(cid:374)(cid:448)i(cid:396)o(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t, body fluids are dilute solutions containing dissolved chemicals. Ecf between cells and fluids: blood plasma. Ecf within lymphatic vessels: cerebrospinal fluid. Ecf in brain and spinal cord: synovial. Ecf in eyes: cellular function depends as interstitial fluid. Composition changes as substances move between plasma and interstitial fluid.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers