SAST 3701 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Hajj

20 views3 pages

Document Summary

Last part of chakravarty (22-32: different types of trades: Sale of objects: 2 different types of trades: Between different countries: hierarchy and different names utilized for traders, different types of markets: Hat: large markets set up like local markets, entire sections of the market are designated to different crafts, entire streets devoted to goldsmiths. Yatra: fairs during religious festivals, i. e. during hajj festival. Wednesday, august 24, 2016: i. e. ring = signi es status, commitment, love. They are consumed in special, articulated occasions: large states/empires give you large structures in return for taxes, etc. I. e. roman empire, persians, sassanids: gave citizens: Sea lanes and ports: all of which lets people engage in trade and creates markets. Fishing is both: local, long distance. Many maritime towns (between india and se asia) had traditional families who made up most of the. Temporal boundaries: brings past, present, and future together. You"re either borrowing from your future for the present or.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers