POLS 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Performance Measurement, Fokker E.Ii, Public Administration

13 views2 pages

Document Summary

No political decision has any value until it"s implemented a. ii. Implementation is important which values do/do not get implemented: performance b. i. But administrators also have to balance equity: accountability c. i. Answerability, to whom, for what: origins and meaning of accountability, many debates about administration are about government power, what government should do or not do, historical origins c. i. But too little power caused problems articles of. Conflicting views toward presidential/executive power: balance and compromise, meaning e. i. Relationship between people about actions: depends on policy makers ability to control administrators f. i. Positive control- requiring an agency or administrator to do something it or they ought to do f. ii. Negative control- negative control seeking to prevent an agency or administrator from what they shouldn"t do: approaches and elements of accountability, broad problems/errors a. i. Sins of omission not doing something you should do a. i. 1. Sins of commission doing something you"re not supposed to do a. ii. 1. a. ii. 2.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers