MKT-410 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Mass Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Sales Promotion

55 views3 pages
30 Sep 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Is i(cid:374)(cid:448)e(cid:374)tory held i(cid:374) reser(cid:448)e for pote(cid:374)tial future sale i(cid:374) a retailer"s storeroo(cid:373) or stockroom. Encoding: the co(cid:374)(cid:448)ersio(cid:374) of the se(cid:374)der"s idea a(cid:374)d thoughts i(cid:374)to a (cid:373)essage, usually in the form of words or signs. It is important to remember that what matters is what the receiver hears and not what the sender says. Message transmission: transmitting a message requires a channel. This is the medium by which communication occurs: voice, radio, newspaper, computer, phone. Decoding: the process by which the receiver interprets the language and symbols sent by the source through the channels is referred to as decoding. Promotion seeks to modify the thoughts, behaviors, and customers in the following ways. Promotional mix: advertising, public relation, mainly in the early phase and when people make mistakes, sales promotion, personal selling. Welsh 3: customer generated media, all we can do is try to influence and hope for the best. The classic model for reaching promotional goals is called aida: a-attention.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers