MGMT 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 38: Best Alternative To A Negotiated Agreement, Emotional Contagion

38 views2 pages

Document Summary

Who is the other party? what is their batna and reservation point. Think about future and how this negotiation will affect reputation/relationship. Mistakes of being hard on problem and hard on people or soft on problem. Suggested approach: and soft on people be on the people. Facts, interests, rights, power in a strategy against your opponent becomes intricate. Chester karass - you don"t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate . Negotiation is like chess - nothing complicated but understanding how the pieces move together. We won, they lost - make excuses for winners as we gravitate towards them, blame the losers. Just world hypothesis - religion accounts for unjust world. Political skill is greatest predictor of success. Work with less competent coworker than a highly competent jerk. (can i cut in line because i need to make copies?) (can i cut in line because i am late for work?) Asking with a good reason = 94% .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers