PSY 340 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Catatonia, Prodrome, Word Salad

100 views5 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Ca(cid:374) (cid:373)o(cid:448)e their (cid:271)od(cid:455) (cid:449)hile the(cid:455)"re i(cid:374) a (cid:272)atato(cid:374)i(cid:272) state a(cid:374)d their limbs will be stuck in the set position. Mild mannered or easy going then suddenly manic. 3 phases as listed below, each phase lasting days or years. Reduction in overall functioning, odd verbalizations, social withdrawal, etc. Marked by a return to the prodromal phase of functioning\ Usually caused by the affects of the drugs. Mental functioning before the onset of the disorder. Good premorbid functioning has a higher rate of recovering. One of the most devastating forms of schizophrenia: similar to mental retardation. High lvl of dopamine found in schizophrenic patients especially at d-2 receptors. Genetic predisposition to develop a certain disorder, and then a stressor occurs in the environment, such as a traumatic event or drugs that brings about the advent of the disorder. I beat you cuz i love ya xd. Perserverations: repeating words or statements, delusions. Paranoid delusions: delusions of persecution, so(cid:373)eo(cid:374)e"s plotti(cid:374)g agai(cid:374)st the(cid:373)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers