BIOL 483 Lecture Notes - Lecture 67: Transposable Element, Table Tennis, Kdm1A

27 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Drosophila pirna is in piwi complex: pirna binds to rna made from transposons that are in active configuration (h3k4me3) H3k9me3 with hmt: recruit 2 entities to remove h3k4me2/3 by dmt (lsd1) and help generate, hp1 recruited and spreads, hp1 interacts with stabilising writer of repressive mark. Lrecognise transposon rna by small ncrna that targets various activities to locus. Summary of steps 1) target recognition with h3k4me3 in promoter, h3k4me2 in transposon body 2) silencing establishment with h3k4me3 in promoter, h3k9me3 in transposon body 3) maintenance with h3k9me3 in promoter and h3k9me3 in transposon body, silencing mark spreads. Amplification step is dependent on rdrp and dicer. Drosophila nad mammals don t have rdrp, so their amplification step occurs in cytoplasm independently of dicer via endonuclease z or ping/pong cycle. > silencing of trnasposons and repetitive dna happens in nucleus, amplification happens in cytoplasm. > pirna containing transposon fragments are antisense and unregulated in germline.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers