BIOLOGY 151 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Oxaloacetic Acid, Ribulose, Photorespiration

19 views3 pages

Document Summary

Process by which co2 and sunlight build carbohydrates. Co2 + h2o + sunlight c6h12o6 + o2. Pigments: molecules that absorb wavelengths of visible light. Pigments reflect color that they do not absorb. Chlorophyll is a photosynthetic pigment colored green because it cannot absorb green light very well. Chlorophyll absorbs light and that energy is passed down from chlorophyll to chlorophyll until it reaches the reaction center. Electrons are transported from ps ii to ps i. If ps ii loses electron it can take one from h2o. As electron travels from ps ii to ps i its energy level decreases. Light hits ps i so when the electron reaches ps i, it becomes energized (again and enough) to reduce nadp+ to nadph. Ps ii has little contact with stroma. Atp synthase and ps i are located on granal stacks near stroma. Plastoquinone carries electrons from ps ii to the cytochrome complex. Plastocyanin carries electrons from cytochrome complex to ps i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers