PSYCH 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Operant Conditioning Chamber, Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning

15 views4 pages
19 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Classical conditioning - developed by ivan pavlov, the type of learning in which stimuli is associated with an involuntary response. Pavlov was famous for his dog salvation experiment in which he accustomed dogs to salivate at the tone of ringing. Respondent behavior an automatic response to a certain stimuli ( responding behaviors ) Unconditioned response (ucr) the normal response that is generated (unlearned) i. e. In pavlov"s experiment, the normal response a dog has when presented with food is salivation. Unconditioned stimulus (ucs) the stimulus that triggers a normal response (ucr) i. e. The food is the ucs in pavlov"s experiment. Conditioned response (cr) the response that is learned ( conditioned ) i. e. Pavlov"s dogs learned to salivate upon the presence of a ringing tone. Conditioned stimulus (cs) - a neutral stimulus that triggers a learned response. The ringing is a cs because the dogs learned to salivate at the presence of a ringing tone as opposed to food.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers