PSYCH 111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Unconscious Mind, Wilhelm Wundt, Fokker E.Ii

141 views4 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Psych 9/8/16 (whatever is on the review sheet is on the exam) Extra credit is to look at the questions i got wrong (gsi: psychology--study of the mind a. i. Freud and psychoanalysis: rene descartes (1596-1650) c. i. c. ii. c. iii. c. iv. Body--directly observable, obeys natural laws, controls reflexive behaviors. Soul--observable only through interaction with body, source of free will and thought, uniquely human. Believed that learning was innate: john locke (1632-1704) d. i. d. ii. d. iii. d. iv. d. v. Empiricist body could be explained like a machine. Rejected the notion that there is a soul divorced from the body. Believed that all knowledge and thought were derived from sensory experience. Believed in a model of the mind as a blank state--we are the product of our sensory experience (tebula rasa) Learning is from experience: dualism debate today e. i. e. ii. e. iii. Not as body vs soul, but as differences in approach and emphasis.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers