CICS 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Bandung Conference, United Nations Charter, Nuremberg Principles

43 views21 pages

Document Summary

Westphalian principle: is an institutional arrangement for organizing political life based on three key characteristics. Religious tolerance and state sovereignty are very important. States are sovereign and they have the fundamental right to self determination. All states are the same in this organization of international. Principle of non-intervention means that i, in my state, can do whatever i want and you have no right to interfere. No state can interfere in the internal matters of another state. Conventions: can challenge the westphalian model in that it sometimes includes external structures to check up on a states behavior. Treaty is different because it does not need to see improvement. Also, i only sign a treaty if you sign it as well. And a treaty is not always voluntary. o. Hugo grotius: a 16th century dutch lawyer that composed a theory of just war. At this time, war was completely legitimate when solving international problems.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers