Department
Course
sangriahare462 and 5 others unlocked
ECON 101 Full Course Notes
ECON 101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
30 documents

Document Summary

Because marginal costs increases: law of diminishing return, input costs rise as you run out of resources. Even if marginal costs slope downwards at a point: supply curves are the increasing portion of the cost curve. Facing a trade-off between using labor and capital: focusing on bang-for-your-buck, rational tradeoff rule o. Four steps to estimate market supply: survey possible sellers, include those who could sell, add up total, scale, graph, same techniques as individual supply curve. Law of supply the quantity of supplied is higher when prices are higher. Intensive margin the higher price more each seller produces. Extensive margin new suppliers at higher prices. Decrease shift to left: cost of inputs, interdependence with your supplies, rise in the price of variable inputs, taxes, labor, production and technology, productivity increase a. i. Cost lowers: same out with fewer costs, price of other outputs, alternative uses to your production capacity a. i. Production substitute: when two goods are by-products b. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers