HIS 130 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Emancipation Proclamation, Reconstruction Amendments, White Southerners

37 views4 pages

Document Summary

Long-term issues in the us (i had some trouble organizing the different information under specific subjects, so sorry about that) Bartram didn"t really give us set definitions for change and transformation . I think she just wanted us to be aware about what each can mean and how they"re used when discussing history) During this class lesson, we looked at different issues before, during, and after the civil. War, and how the issues were (or weren"t) resolved by the reconstruction amendments- The 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments are collectively known as the reconstruction. The 13th amendment banned slavery except as punishment for crimes. In order to become president of the us (and this is still true today), a person needs to have been born in the us (i think that if you"re born to us citizens abroad though (like. Ted cruz being born in canada), you can still run for president) African americans and chinese people couldn"t be citizens.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers