POLS 4720 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: John Paul Stevens, Drunk Tank, Potter Stewart

8 views3 pages

Document Summary

Requested to speak to attorney and so questioning must be stopped even though miranda rights. Innis was identified as the suspect and was arrested around 4:30am. [while] en route to the central station, patrolman gleckman initiated a conversation with patrolman mckenna concerning the missing shotgun. [gleckman] that it was a safety factor and that we [should] continue to search for the. Questioning means someone is in custody and questioning must be expressed. Police must know that their (cid:862)questio(cid:374)i(cid:374)g(cid:863) are reasonably likely to elicit an incriminating response from the suspect. The latter portion of this definition focuses primarily upon the perceptions of the suspect, rather than the intent of the police. (cid:863) Gleckman and mckenna should have known that their conversation was reasonably likely to elicit an incriminating response from [innis]. They were trying to elicit a response and it was obvious. [i agree] with the court(cid:859)s definition of (cid:858)(cid:858)i(cid:374)terrogatio(cid:374)(cid:859)(cid:859) within the meaning of.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers