GEOL 1120 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Industrial Revolution, Northern Hemisphere, Reforestation

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

A small amount of uv radiation is healthy for humans and other organisms b. ii. For every 1% decrease in the ozone layer, the intensity of uv-b radiation on the earth"s surface increases 2% b. iii. This increase can cause b. iii. 1. b. iii. 2. b. iii. 3. b. iii. 4. b. iii. 5. High incidences of ultraviolet radiation on the earth"s surface b. Hydrogen oxides (hox), methane (ch4), hydrogen gas (h2), and nitrogen oxides (nox) a. ii. Sulfate aerosols: evidence of climates past b. i. Ice ages and their possible causes c. i. 1. c. i. 2. c. i. 3. Disruption to global wind or ocean circulation patterns. Atmospheric phenomena blocking incoming solar radiation c. i. 3. a. c. i. 3. b. c. i. 3. c. c. i. 3. d. Based on the earth"s tilt and eccentricity of the orbit c. i. 3. d. iii. Changes to not change the total insolation, but they do affect its distribution d. The compromise strategy: to prevent high economic costs b. i. In 1992 at the earth summit, 160 countries signed the united nations framework.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers