FHCE 3200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Human Capital, Social Capital

46 views1 pages
9/5/2017 Reading Questions 2 Hiren Patel
1.Establishing, maintaining, and monitoring your social capital is important. Write a brief summary
describing how your relationships with the closest people in your life are today. What could strengthen
those relationships?
The closest people in my life would be my parents and my relationship with them is great. At the end of
the day, they pay for y eduatio ad are the reaso hy I do’t hae ay loas. I see the eery to
weeks and I love them very much. I see that it is my responsibility to take care of them because they are
takig great are of e. It’s hard to say hat ould stregthe our relatioship eause I see the ofte
and they are extremely helpful financially, I guess I can inform them more of how appreciative towards
them.
2.Take an inventory of your assetsthe things you own. What are they worth? Now calculate the value
of your human capital? While this is difficult to answer, for younger people working full-time a rough
estimate of your human capital is your annual pay (or expected annual pay after you graduate) divided
by .06. How does this number compare to the value of your other assets? Summarize your calculations
and write 1-2 paragraphs on what you found.
The rough estimate of my assets is around $5000. The rough estimate of my human capital is $50000
divided by .06, which is $833,333.33.
By comparing the two numbers, it is obvious that my human capital is higher. This makes sense because
I do’t hae a jo right o ad I a’t uy e thigs that ill irease y assets, hoeer, when I do
get a job, my assets will increase slowly. As for my Human capital, it will increase as my career
progresses. My human capital will increase due to relocating for a better job, promotions, attaining
more skills etc. Eventually my human capital should ath y assets he I’ older eause I o’t e
able to work, therefore my human capital will decline. I also I understand that random things may
happen in life, that may potentially decrease my human capital.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

1. establishing, maintaining, and monitoring your social capital is important. Write a brief summary describing how your relationships with the closest people in your life are today. The closest people in my life would be my parents and my relationship with them is great. At the end of the day, they pay for (cid:373)y edu(cid:272)atio(cid:374) a(cid:374)d are the reaso(cid:374) (cid:449)hy i do(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e a(cid:374)y loa(cid:374)s. i see the(cid:373) e(cid:448)ery t(cid:449)o weeks and i love them very much. 2. take an inventory of your assets the things you own. While this is difficult to answer, for younger people working full-time a rough estimate of your human capital is your annual pay (or expected annual pay after you graduate) divided by . 06. Summarize your calculations and write 1-2 paragraphs on what you found. The rough estimate of my assets is around . The rough estimate of my human capital is divided by . 06, which is ,333. 33.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers