FHCE 3200 Lecture 4: Reading Questions 4 (Hiren Patel)

40 views1 pages
10/1/2017 Reading Questions 4 Hiren Patel
What are some reasons why it is a good idea to file a tax return if you have earned income, even if you
do not owe any taxes?
The ost ipotat easo, is, ee if ou do’t oe a taes, ou a ualif to get a ta
refund. Secondly, if you are a parent and have children, you can claim them as dependents and receive
(earned income tax credits). In general, you can get many tax breaks and receive a lot of money
depending on your situation. Upon further research, it seems if you are trying to get a loan soon it helps
to have a recent tax return.
Are there certain things that you are not currently keeping track of but should be to help lower your tax
liability or increase your refund at tax time? List those items and identify how you will keep better track
of those docuets. If ou do’t hae a icoe o, coside ou ta situatio he ou ae
earning income.
am not keeping track of anything other than expenses for this month. However, it is
recommended I should keep track of all expenses and keep their receipts to make filing taxes easier. It is
also recommended to keep track of amount of donations made to charities, any investments made and
even gas mileage while on the job. I think the best way to keep track of all these things is use this app
called Mint and any other apps that could save receipts. It is also great to have a filing cabinet at home
to keep track of outgoing and incoming money.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The (cid:373)ost i(cid:373)po(cid:396)ta(cid:374)t (cid:396)easo(cid:374), is, e(cid:448)e(cid:374) if (cid:455)ou do(cid:374)"t o(cid:449)e a(cid:374)(cid:455) ta(cid:454)es, (cid:455)ou (cid:373)a(cid:455) (cid:395)ualif(cid:455) to get a ta(cid:454) refund. Secondly, if you are a parent and have children, you can claim them as dependents and receive (earned income tax credits). In general, you can get many tax breaks and receive a lot of money depending on your situation. Upon further research, it seems if you are trying to get a loan soon it helps to have a recent tax return. List those items and identify how you will keep better track of those docu(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts. If (cid:455)ou do(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e a(cid:374)(cid:455) i(cid:374)co(cid:373)e (cid:374)o(cid:449), co(cid:374)side(cid:396) (cid:455)ou(cid:396) ta(cid:454) situatio(cid:374) (cid:449)he(cid:374) (cid:455)ou a(cid:396)e earning income. am not keeping track of anything other than expenses for this month. However, it is recommended i should keep track of all expenses and keep their receipts to make filing taxes easier.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers