RTV 3405 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Economic Stability, Interpersonal Relationship, Nonlinear Narrative

59 views2 pages

Document Summary

Incitement: establish the normal, introduce the characters, first tur(cid:374)i(cid:374)g poi(cid:374)t (cid:862)i(cid:374)(cid:272)iti(cid:374)g i(cid:374)(cid:272)ide(cid:374)t(cid:863)- disrupt the norm. Setback: protagonist tries to resolve the problem, leads to more problems, antagonists are introduced. Climax: resolution, the tension is resolved, back to norm, but characters have developed. Not very different from traditional drama/theater: same narrative structure, it"s (cid:374)ot (cid:373)ore (cid:272)o(cid:373)ple(cid:454, it does not have more characters. But kind of unique in terms of format and focus: format: continuous yet segmented narrative, focus: strictly character development. Ii: expect the unexpected, this leads to shifting attention from plots to character since its open-ended, long exposure and open-endedness leads tv to focus on characters instead of narratives, even reality tv shows have formulas. Celebrity, sports team, characters: are they signs of loneliness and social isolation, research has found that there is no such correlation, in some cases, it relieves stress and improves relationships /

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers