INR 2001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Groupthink, Direct Energy, Fokker E.Ii

17 views2 pages

Document Summary

Inr2001 chapter 2 lecture notes (levels of analysis) Broadcast level, looks at the structure of the international system to explain broad flow of events a. ii. May be able to predict future activities a. iii. Looks at what happens inside states to explain events b. ii. Ex: china has different government and history than brazil b. ii. 1. a. Looks at individual leaders and their motivations, psychology seen as important c. i. 1. Ex: cia has a system to analyze individual political leaders c. i. 1. a. Ex: physics: some people focus on broader topics - overall structure of universe a. i. Big picture - the forces that generate pressure on all states - a commonality. Systemic level: treats states as unitary, rational actors a. i. Ex: its survival, expansion of its own power a. ii. Pref built upon maintenance of power: how state"s relationships and behaviors can be explained by the nature of the international system, the anarchic structure of the international system, states exist in a zero sum world d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers