IUF 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Henry David Thoreau, Walden Pond, Four Noble Truths

49 views6 pages

Document Summary

Quiet, personal, has my personality in the air. This is my comfort zone and i"m used to doing this. Human connection with nature is necessary for intellectual and moral stability. Refers to a celebration of nature as a spiritual place. People fearing the loss of our open wilderness and nature. Sublime: force that connects people with the divine through nature. Individualism: power to know nature on your own, through spiritual understanding. What is the good life page 1 of materialism. Questions what he believes society has come to accept as the. Good life is lost among the bust schedules of everyday routines. Daily life is too hectic to thing meaningfully. Material desires will not help us find meaning. Place: space + human culture (shared history, philosophy, spirituality, aesthetics, cultural symbols) & natural landscapes. We all have the divine ability to create our own world, chose our reality. German-swiss writer: works explore individual search for authenticity, self-knowledge spiritualty.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers