COMM 88 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Platonic Idealism, Observational Error, Content Validity

42 views16 pages
9 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Excuse; they"re hiding (4) ex: fairies do not inhabit the forest (a) falsifiable (i) Or if previous findings conflict/are inconclusive: pose a research question instead of a hypothesis (1) ex. To what extent will children imitate the behavior of a. E. g. rating how strongly connected someone feels to fandom (b) dv: fan forum participation (i) 15 seconds, one runs it in 30, so the first person runs it twice as fast: interval and ratio measures are both continuous variables (1) allow you to capture more variation (a) ex. Likert-type (a) respondents indicate their agreement with a particular statement (i) Partner phubbing (c) create average of the numbers. Indication of inter-item reliability, you want a high score (c) ex. the candidate credibility (i) Adding funny in the mix will make the scale less reliable because it"s not related to a candidate"s credibility (d) unidimensional variable/concept/scale is desired (e) if there are multiple variablescreate multidimensional scale (i) trustworthy/honest/biased scale in.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers